Friday, May 16, 2008

Stephanie & Dan

Yes... I normally try & blog a day or two after a session, but Woah - it's crazy time in wedding world! So, two weeks later you finally get to see Stephanie & Dan... So, before I photograph a couple I like to do a little research & figure out how to reflect their personalities and make the images their own. Stephanie, Dan & myself talked on the phone before this but between them & me, I don't think they were expecting the immense silliness!! Every crazy idea I had, they were totally on board with & it just got me more & more excited!! Well, the session was an early morning one, so we first met for some bean juice:And then straight into some yumminess
Turn right, and go straight into crazy town
What.. crabs can bite!!
Tasty... the yin & yang of it all-
OK.. I also told them to bring props - anything that would be meaningful to them. Well.. there exists a Valentine's Day gift that Dan gave Stephanie years ago & it's not going anywhere!! Normally one may think of a sweet stuffed animal, rockstar sunglasses like Erin & BC... in this case it was a very old balloon with very old candy still unwrapped. AHHHH!! They were just begging for more silly shots.

And then when there's an opportunity to incorporate signs, I'm on it.. I'm hoping you can see the "Help stop animal cruelty" sticker
We almost kicked some others off this tire in order to get these shots, but the people that were there left & the brute force was reserved for another day..
Ok, so another prop - an old restored gold fan. Dan actually restored it himself, and it's important to them ok!!
Dan brews his own beer, but we didn't exactly have time to photograph that
Another funny story, and oh yes - there are many more than the ones told here!! Dan graduated from UNC & Stephanie graduated from Duke. There is a significant amount of ... uh.. rivalry. It could be called that.. or just complete disgust. Being a NCSU graduate myself, a fight definitely could have broken out.

1 comment:

Ashley and David said...

get OUTTA here with that fabulous under and through the tire swing shot. HOLYcowMOLY.