Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mr & Mrs Hughes

This past Saturday I photographed Kasey & Matt's wedding, and it was the ideal day. I actually met Kasey through her sister Abby when I photographed Abby's wedding about 4 years ago. Now it's almost time to photograph Abby, Danny & baby! Kasey & Matt got married in Winston-Salem, and Kasey really hooked the day up with her own special touches everywhere. I love it when such a huge affair has such a personal feel. It has been such a personal thing for me to photograph everything for Kasey - from engagement & bridal to wedding. Matt, Kasey & her whole family have been such a pleasure!!OK - HUGE recommendation - SEE EACH OTHER BEFOREHAND. I know there's a lot of tradition with seeing each other for the first time as the bride walks down the aisle.. but let me tell you - when you walk down the aisle, there are A LOT of nerves & things just become a huge blur and once you get to the front, all you can do is look at each - no talking, no embrace - it actually limits your emotions. However, if you see each other beforehand, the two of you meet beforehand in an intimate situation - only you & your groom (and me of course). You get to share your nerves, have a special moment, embrace & re-cooperate. THEN, you get all of the formal pictures done beforehand so you can head straight to the party after the ceremony - which is all you want to do once it's over. It can be tough to spend 1-1.5 hours taking pictures when you just want to party! Your ceremony can be traditional, but please consider this because it's way more practical for you. This is exactly what Kasey & Matt did.
Check out that trolley! I was so excited when Kasey told me a trolley would be involved!
My friend, Ken, shot with me on Saturday & once he has this blogged, I know he's going to have some very tasty moody shots too...
This was very special & I didn't realize what was happening until later. Abby revealed the name of her daughter in her speech to Kasey & even not knowing what was happening, it was still enough to get my eyes a little teary!
They had a huge party, and some awesome dancers... I could have blogged 30 awesome dance shots only!! I didn't think that would really reflect the whole day, but the crowd was definitely energetic!
They almost weren't able to leave, because people went COO COO with the streamers & they could barely get out of all of them!! It was the funniest exit I've seen in a very long time! This picture doesn't even represent the massive web that it was..
Congrats you two & I can't wait to hear about Jamaica!

No comments: