Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mr & Mrs Reeves

Blast to the past - July 26th. AHH!! Moving is tough! I am finally semi moved in, but have tons of work ahead of me to have you all over. But it's time to get this blogging thing back on track!!

Bethany & Jared tied the knot July 26th, and it turned out to be a crazy wild day. And by crazy wild - that means I had a great time! I love being able to do engagement sessions, because by the time I show up to the wedding I have a much MUCH better idea of how dynamics will work & it just makes everyone more comfortable knowing how I interact. Me, Bethany & Jared had a great time at their engagement session, so I was really looking forward to their big day.
Bethany teaches children by day, but is a rocker by nature. And how fabulous is the light in that left shot?!
Unlike a lot of ceremonies at churches, I love being able to get up close & personal at outdoor weddings.
I think they look like a famous couple here..
Ashley from Story Photographers shot with me, and she got this super cool shot. Converse = big deal.
I know you don't exactly see Jared's best side in this shot, but I love Bethany's expression
tee hee..
Ashley also gets amazing ring shots.. accented with one of my tub shots.Bethany & Jared had an awesome first dance. And being a dancing maniac myself, it was hard to resist getting out on that floor with them. Thankfully, I found some self restraint.
In this shot you will find both me & Ashley in the mirror taking this exact same shot within a couple of inches of one another. We were both so engrossed by the dance, neither of us had any idea that we were getting the exact same shot from the exact same angle.
Yep - it's out of focus and I like it
Look how Bethany's dad placed her hand over his heart. precious.This shot isn't as sentimental, but look how hot the Preston Woodall House reception room looks!! Those lights are deliciousTurns out Bethany wasn't the only rocker there
Her brother put on quite a show. I haven't tried this particular dance move, but with a little practice, I think I could do it too.
Note to photographers: Get Lightroom & get the upgrade. The latest upgrade does all kinds of fun stuff. Yes - the light in this shot just happened to hit perfectly but it was only edited in Lightroom. No Photoshop at all!! Oh mama.. Thank you Ken for insisting on getting it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAHHHHHH! I checked your blog on a whim (checked it earlier this morning) and HERE THEY ARE! I screamed and threw my hands up and did "jazz hands".

Every shot is awesome. I laughed and "aaawwwed", and it's only the sneak peak! You are incredible and I hope your move went as smoothly as possible! I really like the shots of the processional and recessional, and also of our first dance! Wonderful lighting and composition!

Ashley and David said...

yay!!! april these are fabulous. loving it, AS ALWAYS and I was even there with you!!