Monday, July 7, 2008

Mr & Mrs Armstrong

Saturday June 28th (YES! I'm Behind on the Blog!) I photographed Monique & Donald's big day. First of all, these two have really amazing, super touching qualities that just make you embrace them. Monique can be so vulnerable & open and Donald is so incredibly protective of her - awwww man it makes you love to watch them! It was such a privilege to be able to witness their wedding, and I was really sad when it was over especially because it was over at 6:00!! I am used to being at weddings until midnight!

Monique's sister is a mother of triplets, and I had to keep dodging the twin sisters to get a dress shot
So, rather than dodge them, they became my subjects... more than once. I even used them for different lighting techniques:
And Monique was just.. Well, you can read it on her perfume. I'm not scared to be cheesy.
Monique can also be a little hard on herself, which at times made it a challenge for her makeup artistAnd for those of you who don't recognize her, Monique's sister was a Dream Girl. Well, at least for the day
Amanda with 310 Photography Studio in Smithfield helped me out for the day, and she was with Donald while I was with Monique... witnessing the man stuff. And this is definitely man stuff
Donald & Monique got married at a place in Morrisville where there was no place for Monique to wait before the ceremony once she arrived. SO, she waited in a car... ALONE!! The wedding party had to be inside to line up, etc. I can't imagine how wrecked her nerves were just waiting there!
Amanda also got this cool shot from the back of the ceremony. I'm pretty sure she was lying down.
We had about 5 minutes to do some quick couple stuff, and the location posed a gigantic photography challenge. There was ONLY full sun outside - No shade and there was no place indoors to go. So, we rocked out that parking lot outside!!

This shot kind of happened by accident. I asked them to do one thing, they did another & I liked it even better!! Look at Monique!! SMOKIN'!! Cheek bones like that should be in front of the camera more.
There was a live jazz band there too - H-O-T!! Just delicious. The sax guy would walk around & play at the tables, and yes - this little old lady acted out what everyone else was thinking.
Da' Rings.
Although short, their wedding was super sweet. I sincerely had a great time with them and all their family and friends. And I, the girl that doesn't cry, got a little choked up during their ceremony... Congrats you two :)

4 comments:

Amanda Dengler said...

somehow i missed that those kids were triplets; thats cool to know though.

i like the car photo a lot. the expression is perfectly her, and the clouds reflecting in the windows are a cool detail from their wedding day—a beautiful, sunny day for their wedding.

all the different expressions and emotions are fun too.

stephenomenal said...

Awesome cinematic shots. I know the bride's side. Great job of capturing this special occasion.

Ashley and David said...

good job working with a not so hot couples shooting location. that always freaks me out too! but sometimes we take for granted the more simple backgrounds...


love the shot of her sitting in the car.

Anonymous said...

I would have almost no idea you were shooting in a parking lot. The light is great in the "accidental" shot, and I really like the different elements in the car shot. Also, the pictures of the children made me smile. :) Your creativity is so in charge sometimes that it's almost scary. ;)