Thursday, June 12, 2008

Brandy & Amir

When I started out in photography, I was working at New Image Studio & I spent 4 years photographing weddings for them. This year I took on one wedding for them, and Brandy & Amir are the ones! It felt like one of the hottest weddings ever (well, soon to be blogged was LaDonna & Randall's wedding the day before which felt even hotter than Saturday). It was a beautiful day, and all day I loved seeing all the different details. It was a multi-cultural American/Persian ceremony, and it was a beautiful thing to see two cultures combine.Amir & Brandy both were super calm, and we had tons of time to chill out and not have to stress about getting things done in a hurry.
Well, time was still of the essence!
I loved being able to witness Brandy seeing her husband for the first time on their wedding day.Oh yeah - they definitely needed a little shade Saturday!! Which.. that really wasn't the purpose of the covering!
I quickly figured out that Brandy is a big time daddy's girl. Look at that sweetness!! He may look like a manly man, but those eyes are all moosh!
It was so hot, I almost felt bad just asking them to touch!Did I mention she was a daddy's girl?
OK, so I figured out some awesome things about Indian weddings. First of all, I figured out that the music is out of control AWESOME!! I am a coo coo for salsa music, and it was a lot like it but a little more techno. And when you dance, it's more in your arms than your hips.. and you swing napkins around & whistle a lot. I was really disappointed when the dj switched the music over to hip-hop, and mami likes some hip-hop!

3 comments:

the.indie.image said...

that watch shot is super neat:-)

Ashley and David said...

there is a little more edge to these shots than the wedding before. i like it.

Amanda Dengler said...

bahahaha. that guy that thought he had jokes is definitely checking you out from the background of the whistling photo.